As COVID lingers and the economy remains uncertain, employers face a host of issues. Recently, a group of Ballard Spahr attorneys hosted part one of a two part webinar series to revisit the basics, as well as novel issues, related to aligning your workforce to your business needs. Many businesses do not have enough workers and are focused on attracting and retaining necessary talent, while others, due to rising costs and stubborn supply chain problems, must consider layoffs and reductions in force.
The conversation covered employment and labor concerns including:
- Hiring (and sign on & retention bonuses);
- Work from home expectations;
- ADA accommodations for those who cannot return to the office;
- Out of state/remote employees;
- States’ efforts to increase the minimum wage; and
- Renewed and re-invigorated union organizing efforts across many industries hardest hit by COVID (such as food service, retail, and warehousing).
Below you’ll find a link to a recording of the webinar and presentation slides. To view the webinar enter in your information, click Yes I will attend, and Register. Information for part two of this series will be available soon.